Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was baptized in Tamil Nadu on 15 October 1931. His birth anniversary is celebrated as World Students Day.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s Birth Anniversary
- Dr. APJ ABDUL KALAM: THE MISSILE MAN OF INDIA
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Biography
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Early life
- Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam: Significant Contribution
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Books
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Achievements and Awards
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Quotations
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: The Birth Anniversary
Avul Jainuladbeen Abul Kalam was an Indian astronaut scientist and the 11th President of India. From 2002 to 2007, he was the President of India. For his work in developing ballistic missiles, launch vehicle technology, and other technologies, he was called the Missile Man of India.
His experience as a scientist and administrator at Defence Research and Development Organization and Indian Space Research Organization has spanned more than 40 years. He was involved in both the Indian military missile program and the civil space program. He was also the recipient of several prestigious awards, including Bharat Ratna.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Biography
|Name||Avul Pakir Jainuladbeen Abdul Kalam|
|Born||15 th Oct 1931|
|Birthplace||Rameswaram Tamil Nadu|
|Father’s name||Jainuladbeen Maakayar|
|Schooling||Schwartz Higher Secondary School|
|Higher Studies||Saint Joseph’s College, Tiruchirapalli|
|Profession||Author, Aerospace Scientist|
|Politic Career||11 The 11th President Of India|
|Awards||Bharat Ratna, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, etc.|
|Died||27 th June 2015|
|Resting Place||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Desiya Ninaivagam, Pei Karumbu, Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu|
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Early life
APJ Abul Kalam, also known as People’s President, was born on 15 October 1931 to a Tamil Muslim family on Pamban Island. He was then in the Presidency Of Madras and is now in Tamil Nadu. His father Jainuladbeen Martakayar, a boat owner and imam at a local mosque, and his mother Jainuladbeen Matakayar were both housewives. Abdul Kalam was the youngest brother and sister of four siblings. Abdul Kalam was a good student, but he was hardworking and consistent. After finishing his education at Schwartz Higher Secondary school, he attended Saint Joseph’s College in Tiruchirapalli. He received his physics degree in 1954. After completing his studies, he went to Saint Joseph’s College in Tiruchirapalli to continue his Aerospace Engineering studies at the Madras Institute of Technology.
Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam: Significant Contribution
Dr. He made every effort to improve and develop society. His contributions have pushed society forward. These are some of the significant contributions made by Dr. APJ Abdulkalam.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was selected to be the project director in the first year after the establishment of ISRO, in 1969.
- He was the leader of the construction of India’s first Indigenous satellite rocket vehicle (SLV). SLV-III launched the satellite Rohini into orbit in 1980.
- Dr. APJ Abdulkalam was elected CEO of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme. The Ministry of Defence supervised the program.
- He was also a key player in India’s nuclear power development after the Pokhran II nuclear testing.
- APJ Abdul Kalam also contributes to the field of medicine. His team created lightweight prosthetics made from space-age materials to allow physically handicapped children to walk.
- He has worked with B., a cardiologist. Soma Raju has been working with B.cardiologist to create Indigenous coronary stents. These stents resulted in a price reduction of over 50% compared to imported ones.
- For healthcare professionals in rural areas, he has created the indigenous ‘rugged tablet computer’ together with B. Somaraju.
- Dr. Kalam started a mass movement that was centered on anti-corruption in 2011. It covered topics such as ethical, social, and environmental issues.
- He is the People’s President and has always been interested in the welfare of the younger generations.
- As a President, Dr. Kalam set an important political precedent for the country. He was the first Indian President to send a bill back to Parliament for consideration.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Books
APJ Abul Kalam wrote many books that have been widely praised around the globe. His vision was to see India at the top, and he has written about it in all of his writings. These are some of the most extraordinary books by APJ Abdul kalam.
- India 2020: Vision for the New Millenium
- Wings of Fire – An Autobiography
- Guided Souls: Conversations on the Purpose of Life
- The mission of India: Vision of Indian Youth
- From Failure to Success: Legendary Lives
- Spirit of India
- My Journey: Transforming dreams into actions
- Beyond 2020: A Vision For Tomorrow’s India
- The Luminous Sparks – A Biography in Verses and Colours
- Unleashing India’s Power
- Governance for Growth In India
- Forge Your Future – Candid, Forthright, and Inspiring
- Transcendence of my Spiritual Experience
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Achievements and Awards
- APJ Abdul Kalam was awarded 7 honorary doctorates by 40 Universities.
- For his contributions to ISRO and DRDO, the Government of India awarded him Padma Bhushan (1981) and Padma Vibhushan (1990).
- 1997, Kalam received the Bharat Ratna Award in recognition of his contributions to scientific research and the modernization of defense technology.
- He was awarded the Von Braun Award by the National Space Society in 2013.
- In 1997, he received the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration from the Indian National Congress.
- He was awarded the King Charles II Medal by the Royal Society in 2007.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: Quotations
His wise words have inspired millions with the inspiration of Dr. APJ Abdulkalam. He is an inspiration to millions of Indians and the entire world. These are some quotes by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
“If your attempt fails, don’t give up. FAIL stands for ‘First Attempt at Learning.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
“Dream is not that which you see while sleeping, it is something that does not let you sleep.”
“All birds find shelter during a rain, but an eagle avoids rains by flying above the clouds.”
“Dream, dream, dream, dreams transform into thoughts, and thoughts result in actions.”